The Higher School of Economics Centre for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of anthropology.
The job involves:
- Working under direct supervision of Nikolai Ssorin-Chaikov (HSE St Petersburg)
- Pursuing candidate’s own research and contributing to the Centre’s emerging research agenda in the intersection of history and anthropology that includes, but not limited to, such areas as:
(a) the anthropology of the state, including security state, and economic anthropology in the context of global, comparative and transnational history
(b) the anthropology of ethics and morality in the comparative context of history and anthropology of religion and secularism
(с) regional specialization in Soviet and post-Soviet/post-socialist societies or the USA and the Americas
- Publishing research articles in international peer-reviewed journals
- Participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Centre’s development
- Public presentations of candidate’s own research to the colleagues in the field of anthropology and history and to a broader academic community
- Teaching class sections in the graduate school of history
The Centre offers access to its research resources, including the Richard Stites’ Memorial Library
- a PhD from an international research university in the field of anthropology
- a strong background in ethnographic research and anthropological theory
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by April 1, 2016. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.