The History of Anthropology Network (HOAN) of the European Association for Social Anthropology is happy to announce a call for papers for the First International Conference of the Histories of Anthropologies, Doing Histories, Imagining Futures.
The event will be held on-line between 4-7 December 2023 and it is collaboratively organised by key stakeholders in our field to discuss methodological, theoretical, pedagogical, and ethical aspects of the histories of anthropologies.
The call for papers will close on June 30, 2023. Notifications of accepted papers will be sent by July 15, 2023.
This is an exciting opportunity for everyone working in the field of history of anthropology to gather and learn from each other and set new directions for the field. You are warmly invited to join us and submit a paper proposal.
- Panel 1: Doing Histories of Anthropologies. Theories, Methodologies, Practices
- Panel 2: Disciplinary Histories and Archives in Anthropology, Folklore, and Oral History: Actors, Formats, and Mediality in Knowledge Production
- Panel 3: Historicizing Anachronistic Motives
- Panel 4: History’s Lessons: Uses of the History of Anthropology
- Panel 5: Pushed out, excluded and forgotten? Recovering anthropologists, ethnologists, and folklorists for the history of our discipline
- Panel 6: Approaching the Present through Anthropology’s Past
- Panel 7: Regional Anthropologies, Colonial and Postcolonial Histories
- Panel 8: Missing Others. Eluded Encounters and Hidden Contributions within the History of Anthropology
Organizers: Fabiana Dimpflmeier & Hande Birkalan-Gedik (HOAN conveners), with participation from many others, including HAR.